2017 Travel Schedule
Watch for Upcoming Travel Opportunities in the Works
In the meantime, check out where we've been
thus far in 2017:
All Aboard for Branson
April 11-14, 2017
It was a fun-filled four days as we traveled to Branson, MO for music, dining and a little shopping.
- 3 nights accommodations at the Hilton Promenade at Branson Landing
- 3 dinners: Florentina's Ristorante Italiano, Uptown Cafe and Chateau on the Lake
- Admission to shows: Billy Dean at Jim Stafford Theater; Dublin's Irish Tenors/Celtic Ladies at King's Castle; the Pierce Arrow Show; Moses at The Sight and Sound Theatre.
- Behind the Scenes Tour at The Sight and Sounds Theater
- Tour of The College of the Ozarks with lunch at The Keeter Center on Campus.
- Transportation from Rolling Fork aboard 56-passenger motorcoach
OREGON AND THE PORTLAND ROSE FESTIVAL
June 8-14, 2017
This trip provided a taste of western Oregon. We were entertained by the festive Portland Rose Festival Parade and a luncheon cruise on the Willamette River . We saw a little of everything, from a volcano, to a gorge, to sand dunes, to rugged amazing coastline, even snow at Timberline Lodge on Mount Hood.
Highlights of Trip
- Portland City Tour
- Columbia Gorge National Monument
- Multnomah Falls / Stories of Lewis & Clark
- Wine tasting followed by a visit to Timberline Lodge on Mount Hood
- Portland Rose Festival Parade (reserved seating)
- Lunch Cruise on the Portland Spirit private charter boat along the Willamette River
- Free time to enjoy the waterfront, including visiting military ships and other entertainments of the festival
- Travel across the Coastal Range of Mountains to Newport
- Evergreen Aviation Museum, home of the Spruce Goose, built by Howard Hughes
- A visit to the Newport Aquarium
- Marine Discovery Boat Tour
- Dune Buggy Ride on the amazing Great Sand Dunes near Florence, OR
- Visit Eugene, OR, home of the Oregon Ducks/Univ of Oregon
- See a carousel-in-the-making by local townspeople in Albany, OR.
- Mt St Helens Visitor Center and mountain tour within four miles of crater